First trip to Dubai and not sure where to begin? Here are 7 Tips on What To Do And See In This God-blessed Part of the World.
- Take a trip down to Dubai’s historical treasures, heritage spots and museums. You can explore the Al Fahidi neighbourhood to check out its ancient architecture- which is one of its chief tourist attractions. You can even visit its local shops for antique souvenirs or choose to check out its art galleries, cafes and food stalls- be it alone or with your companion.
- Dubai will spoil you for choices by its wonderful local cuisines. You will come across a host of fiery mouth-watery curries, meaty and grill dishes to enjoy. If you are a foodie at heart and are visiting between Feb-March, then you can very well check out the Dubai Food Festival- the cities culinary celebration!
- If you are an adventurist at heart, the city of Dubai will present with lots of unique superlative experiences. You can book a skydiving experience at Sky Dive Dubai. You can choose to ride the Xline Dubai Marina- which labels as the longest urban zipline in the world. Another remarkable place you can visit the snow-laced slopes of Ski Dubai- which is the first-ever indoor snow ski resort in the region. However, besides all this, if you love to spend some leisure time in deep-sea fishing, you can easily charter a yacht and esteem the city’s fabulous skyline from a different perspective.
Special mentioning – You have to take the hot air balloon ride at dawn floating over the desert. It will be one memorable experience!
- Dubai is a city which also offers you some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world. One name which comes to mind instantly is the Burg Khalifa- the tallest high-rise building on the planet. You can simply indulge yourself in some stunning visuals from the 124th observation deck, which is 555m high. Experiencing such new heights, you can easily catch glimpses of the Desert sand and its shining coastline in the distance. In addition, you can also admire the city’s other ultra-modern high rise towers and even click lots of memorable pictures.
- Take a trip to Dubai’s Aquarium’s underwater zoo featuring crocodiles, sharks and many other underwater organisms. Once done you can head over to catch glimpses of the Dubai Fountain in action.
Again special mentioning – If you are a first-time shopper, then the Dubai mall presents you with free shopping and drop services!
- If you are in the mood to explore its local culture and popular regional sports, then you must watch its camel racing. For any first-timer, this will be a treat to the eyes. An interesting fact about these races is that no jockeys or people are sitting at the top. Rather you will find small robots or puppets dressed in fancy clothes atop the camels. Their racing tracks are enormous, and you will find lots of locals and kids gathering to enjoy this fascinating spectacle.
- Travelling in Dubai from one point to another is also very easy. You can easily rent vehicles (ranging from normal commuters/sedans to luxury limousines) for your customized trip itineraries. However, you must possess a legitimate driving licence and possess sound skills for driving safe in Dubai.
Do avoid taking cabs in Dubai as they can prove very expensive. You can also think of taking the metro, which is the cheapest and quickest way to navigate across the city.
The city of Dubai is a place of many marvels and wonders. And any first-time traveller (no matter the purpose of their visit) will thoroughly enjoy their stay for whatever length they decide to stay.
And with the above-mentioned tips, one can make their trip even better by exploring different parts of the city for which is it is acknowledged worldwide.
On that note; here’s wishing you the very best for your upcoming trip to Dubai.