Medical education, for sure, is a complex learning time, and so is what you will deliver after completing the course to society. A high valued profession, medicine learning should be on a track made for it and not unlike any other branches of science, you need constant practice to make the things reach and stay in your memory. However, come the pandemic, and the medical education online methods are far more boring and ineffective. Virtual training can be yet made so effective through these ways.
How to succeed?
The transformation from conventional offline classes to virtual classes needs adaptation and effort to make the learning process interesting and effective. So, if you are one of those med students who is stuck and searching for ways of learning in this unpleasant time, read below the beneficial ways of doing it.
- Schedule: The most important thing to start with is scheduling your time for different purposes. Plan an optimum schedule for your work, learning and leisure.
- Time prioritisation: While you are busy scheduling your time, make sure you prioritise your activities accordingly so that you don’t miss the important tasks on the list to be completed on time
- Explore beyond books: You should not stick to just books; you should explore the updated information available through peer-reviewed journals, authenticate websites etc. too.
- Engage with colleagues: Make frequent contact with the peer group and reach out for help when you need it. Make use of the time you spend with them to query (if any) and make yourself pleasant in all ways.
- Three review rule: Active learning involves constant reach out to the information, go through the topics before and during the class and recap them.
Adapting a wise learning habit is essential to survive when we should learn online, and it takes time to get often with, but it too shall pass as we are happy with what we are doing.